Saturday, May 8, 2010

NBC's Community Is The Best Comedy On Television.



Yeah, I know, I haven't been posting so much, imaginary person in my mind who gives a shit about my blog. I promise you there will be more bloggage very soon. More Trailer (or) Trash?, more People That Inspire Me, and at least one more Stay Classy video in the near future.

But right now I want you to acknowledge that Community is the best comedy on TV. Yeah, sure, Glee is awesome, I'll give you that, but its overwrought song and dance production (which the writers of Community rip into in the above episode) takes it a step too schmaltzy for me at times. Plus, after every episode I watch of Glee I feel like I have to wash the gay off of me.

I almost gave up on NBC after the Conan/Leno disaster earlier this year, but this show single-handedly redeems the entire channel for me. That, and the fact that they give Aziz Ansari a weekly paycheck, which is never a bad thing.

Community is about Jeff Winger (The Soup's Joel McHale), a lawyer who got caught practicing law with a fake degree. He is blackmailed into attending community college classes to rightfully earn his degree, and discovers true friendship with a bunch of crazy classmates. The cast includes Chevy Chase as Pierce, an older version of Jeff, Gillian Jacobs as Britta, the vegetarian Jeff has the hots for, Donald Glover as Troy, a former high school football star, Danny Pudi as Abed, a film student with asperger's syndrome, Yvette Nicole Brown as Shirley, a single mom trying to better her children's lives, and Alison Brie as Annie, a hot-yet-prudish Jewish girl.

Watch the above episode, then watch every available episode on Hulu, and then illegally download the rest. It's so worth it, every single second of this fantastic show.

No comments:

Upcoming Shows!

Upcoming Shows
get this portable calendar at comedysoapbox.com

I'm A Twit.

    follow me on Twitter