Friday, May 28, 2010

An Interview

I was interviewed by a very prominent local reporter. Here is the interview.


When were you born?

April 1st, 1988.

What is your favorite movie?

I have a ton of favorite movies. Among that list are Garden State, The Incredibles, Big Fish, Coraline, Casablanca, Die Hard, Superbad, Stagecoach.

How old were you when you finally started being independent from your parents?

I didn't really feel independent at all until this past January when I moved out of the house. I mean, when you get a job, and you buy your own car, you feel independent, but as long as you're under your parents' roof, you feel stifled. Moving out was good for me.

What is your favorite pastime?

It should be writing, but alas, I don't do enough of that. I'd say surfing the web aimlessly, reading things and watching YouTube videos. I'm not gonna say stand up comedy because that's my career.

Was there ever a point in your life where you took a different direction and explain?

Every point in my life has been a different direction. I feel like I'm insane: a ton of kids I graduated high school with are graduating from college this year, and here I am, a two-time college dropout, working in a nursing home and doing stand up comedy. I'd feel more insecure about it if I didn't have the knowledge that in this economy, a Business or a Liberal Arts degree (or anything that isn't medical or technical-based) is a waste of time. Honestly, I hope you have fun managing at Mickey D's with your four year degree. I'll just be back here with a tenth of the debt.

Do you regret any decisions made in your life and explain?

I've hurt a couple people that I shouldn't have, I get too brash sometimes and I'm needlessly cruel.

If you could go back in time and tell yourself something what would that be?

Shut up, and do it. Stop talking about it, you can brag about it when it happens. Until then, just shut up and do it.

What do you want to do with your life?

I want to use stand up comedy as my in to Hollywood. I'd love to take acting gigs and eventually start writing and directing my own movies. Maybe write a book or two in the meantime.

If you could punch one person right now who would that be?

You for writing so many damn questions. Or Glenn Beck for being Glenn Beck.

What is the greatest achievement in your life?

It's ahead of me, forever ahead of me.

If a Genie appeared and could grant you 3 wishes what would they be?

1. Hot girlfriend.

2. George Carlin's brain installed into a joke-writing computer.

3. Another hot girlfriend.

What person in the world do you respect the most and why?

Too many people to count really. Anyone that has put time and effort into their passion, believed in themselves when no one else did, suffered immense setbacks, got ridiculed and dissed for following their muse, and yet kept on going in spite of it all. Unless that person's name is
Bono.

No comments:

Upcoming Shows!

Upcoming Shows
get this portable calendar at comedysoapbox.com

I'm A Twit.

    follow me on Twitter