Monday, May 4, 2009

Matthew Drew: The Basement Sessions, Volume I

As you know, I have the tendency to gush about my brother's music.

It's because I genuinely, honestly, truly in my heart of hearts believe he's a decent songwriter and know he has the potential to be a downright great one in the future.

So, keep that in mind when you listen to this EP/demo/monstrocity. These songs have been recorded over the past few months, and they showcase his raw talent. If you listen to these songs intently, (after you get past the poor recording quality) you'll hear an interesting sound; the sound of Matthew growing as a musician. I do.

Sure, these eight songs are far from perfect; he doesn't always hit the right notes, he slurs words occasionally, kind of fucks the rhythm up sometimes and not all of the keyboard work is fantastic, but within each of these little song nuggets I'm giving you show one more step toward the amazing musician he will eventually become. All I ask is that you listen to the songs, then come back here and tell me exactly what you think of it. And be honest!

Also, Scotty is on four songs. He's getting better too. "The Beast" is my favorite Scotty singing song ever.

Matthew Drew: The Basement Sessions, Volume I












No comments:

Upcoming Shows!

Upcoming Shows
get this portable calendar at comedysoapbox.com

I'm A Twit.

    follow me on Twitter